All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Kristin Chenoweth - Broken Arrow's Sweetheart

Well hello friends!  I know, it's been awhile.  And I know, I say that every time it's been awhile since I've blogged.  But here's the deal, I've been a bit of a mess lately.  I won't bore you with all the boring details of my mind and all the thoughts that run through it at a very rapid pace.  Short story: I've been feeling burnt out on my job (been there for 14 years) and all of my fears, frustrations, irritations and doubts just all collided and took me for a ride.  Things are starting to get better as long as I take it one minute, one day at a time. I also took today and tomorrow off just for a little relaxation time and spend it with my girl.  I need it for sure.

BUT on a much more fun note, let me take you back to 2 weeks ago.  Kristin Chenoweth was in town for a concert that was being filmed for a PBS special and I volunteered (didn't need my arm twisted much) to be a seat filler.  Since it was being filmed there was not to be an empty seat in the audience filming area. My job = someone gets up, I sit down in that seat.  They return, I get up and look for the next empty seat.  I thought there were going to be like 20 of us seat fillers, turns out there were only 3 of us.  This was either going to be an evening of A)Running around from empty seat to empty seat B)Standing against the wall because no one was going to get up to use the restrooms or C)Someone doesn't show up for their seats on the 3rd row right in the middle and I sit there all night.  Guess the answer?  C!!!!!  It was awesome!! I got a free show up close and personal and it turned out to be a wonderful show.  Aaaaaannnd me and my other seat fillers (ya know, the other 2) got to meet Kristin.  She was super sweet and suuuppper tiny.  I think the show is airing in November so watch for me, the girl in the black shirt, 3rd row, trying to sit up straight and have a smile on because the cameras kept passing over and around me.

Some facts you may not know.....

1- Kristin is from Broken Arrow, Ok.  The town I currently live in and have grown to love very much.

2- The local theatre, Broken Arrow PAC, has been renamed The Kristin Chenoweth Theatre.

3- The dress she wore during the Academy Awards
 

4- Her high school jacket is in the lobby of the theatre. 
 

5- The original poster from Carnegie Hall.

6- I don't have a picture to prove it but after the show she gave her Tony and Emmy to the theatre to also be displayed in the lobby.

I'm guessing she had on 3 inch heels (at least) in this picture.

The waist of this dress was itty bitty.

Backstage passes!!

I'm taking a selfie of their selfie.

And now a real selfie.

Camera crew filing something backstage.

This may not be as cool to you as it was to me but I also got to meet Kenny Ortega.  I know him best as the director in This Is It telling Michael Jackson what to do.  For those that love High School Musical, he directed those too. As a matter of fact he was all over Twitter this week attending a High School Musical reunion.  He was really nice and we high-fived.  Which means I've touched a hand that has touched Michael Jackson :) Oh, and I guess Zach Efron.



Turned out to be a really fun night and I'm excited to see the show in November.

Ps -Thank you to the people who didn't show up for their 3rd row seats.  You missed a good one.

-april



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!