All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Blues

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister today!!  Love you!  Secondly, I feel the blues coming on. I always get just a little bit sad this day every year because I know there are only 2 more days to soak up all the Christmas I can.  I can't help it, I AbSoLuTeLy love this time of year.  For me the kick off for the holidays are October 1st.  I get down my Halloween and fall decorations and then after the 31st Halloween disappears and I keep my fall decorations up (and add more if necessary) then the weekend before Thanksgiving all the Christmas stuff comes out.  I need it in my house for as long as possible.  I will be sad for a few hours after everything is put away and my house is back to normal.  

Now, throughout the year I get my Christmas fix by watching a Christmas movie or listening to my Pandora Christmas stations but the 2 things I can't get throughout the year are the Christmas commercials on T.V. and the overtake of Christmas songs on our local radio station.  Those things are something I look forward to every year.  

What gets me through?  The fact that I know a restart comes on January 1st! Even if I have nothing really that I'm waiting to start over on I like the idea of it and all the magazines with their new years ideas and all the storage items that replace the Christmas decorations on the shelves and calendars and planners.  Those things make me happy :) Really happy!

I know I didn't do the best at blogging this year and I hope to do a better job in 2015.  There were many many times that I had all the intentions to blog and had things to blog about but sleep always sounded so much better :) 

So here is a little catch up from our holidays this year. 

---------------------

Evelyn was Annie this year for Halloween.  I wasn't sure how she would handle the dress because she's known to have had a meltdown before over a play dress.  Full on freakout!  But she did excellent in her Annie dress and shoes.  She is still asking to wear her "Annie shoes". So even if they look completely ridiculous with what she is wearing sometimes we just go with it.  It makes her happy and that makes us happy :)




Ever since she was introduced to Jack on Halloween she asks about him often.  So even though it cost me more money than I would normally spend on a little toy for her we are now the proud owners of a Santa Jack we found at Hot Topic because the only Nightmare thing the Disney store had was a coffee cup.  That won't do. I was actually very surprised at all the Disney stuff Hot Topic had.  So if you are looking for something a little more unique than what the Disney store carries you might want to check them out.  Warning: It's loud and small and crowded in there.  

-----------------------------------------------------

And this little pumpkin patch was just the cutest thing ever.  We for sure will be going back next year.



------------------------------------------------

The past couple of years we have attended the pre-season Thunder game here in Tulsa at the BOK. This year we splurged a little as our birthday presents to each other and got court side seats.  Not right on the court as I would like but close enough ;)





----------------------------------------------

Made the trip to see Santa and we actually had a successful visit. No tears!




And yes, we saw Santa before Thanksgiving.

You gonna tell this face she can't see Santa??? :)


----------------------------------------------

Now it's Turkey Time!
My husband who is sweet enough to take selfies with me no matter how many I ask him to pose for because he knows I want to capture these moments :)


Never too old to be a little goofy!

There are several several versions of this picture. So I'm just gonna go with this one.  This is my grandma and her grandkids and great grandkids.  This isn't all of us but it's hard to get us all together when we cover 3 states.  I actually find these kind pictures better memories than us all posed and smiling as we should be. 

The kids have now become the adults.  Kind of weird.


-----------------------------

And finally I give you the Rhema Christmas lights.






This is the first time we have been to Rhema at all together and I hope we continue to go and make this a tradition.  The weather was about 50 degrees so it was just right. Maybe we'll get this lucky every year.

Don't want to overload you with my life in one sitting so I will save some for later.  I am off work all week and potty training started in this house on Sunday so it's been an eventful few days.  I'll update you on that later as well :) Let' just say that diaper poop is not the same as potty poop #sogross

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

-April





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!