All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Monday, August 15, 2011


Shop ‘til you drop


Okay Oklahoma girls! I’ve gone and done some homework for you.  Mr. Rowell and I met up with my cousin Kaycee this weekend in Oklahoma City to check out the new outlet mall that opened last weekend.  If there’s one thing you should know about me it’s that I don’t like to pay full price for clothing and accessories and what not.  I like me a good ol’ deal.  Ross? Goodwill? Wal*Mart? Yeah, I shop there.  I just have a hard time paying full price for something that is going to go on sale eventually and if it doesn’t then I just didn’t need it that bad.  If I spy something that I just ABSOLUTELY cannot live without and its not on sale, it’s possible I might break down and get it.  This occasion is rare.

I looked up several definitions of the word Outlet Mall and every one of them said something along the line about it being a place for discounted or reduced prices.  Maybe I don’t know my prices on items like I think I do but I was very disappointed in my shopping. I did not see any really awesome deals.  We went with a set amount of money each of us could spend so that we didn’t have to talk it over with each other if we could buy something.  If we wanted to spend our whole wad of money on one thing or one several small things, it was our choice.  We had money. We were ready to shop!

Now, let me tell you a little something about my husband.  He’s the spender of the family.  Always wanting something.  I have learned my lesson the hard way about giving in to his “must haves” even when he doesn’t need it and will never use it.  I’m a much smarter woman in our fourth year of marriage J  Do you know what he spent his money on? An egg poacher.  Yep! A little $3.99 egg poacher.  That’s it! So you know that shopping was not up to par if that is all this man left with.

Me? I didn’t really find anything either.  If I look at the tag and it’s the same price as the store in my own town I’m not buying it! I did find me some new tennis shoes (my butt has GOT to step it up in the gym! If I want a cute Halloween outfit I need to get serious) and I bought a new purse.  I’ve been wanting a small shoulder strap purse for awhile so I got me one!

The mall itself was nice.  I like that in some places the walkway was covered so the sun wasn’t beating down on us.  I thought it was pretty and modern looking.  I would like to tell you since everything was new that the stores were in immaculate condition.  But I can’t.  The bathrooms were horrible! I might as well have used an RV bathroom.  There was crap (literally) all over the toilet and obviously that created that smell that I feared would attach to my clothes.  Several of the stores smelled like wood and feet and had no air conditioning.  Food court? Do you want to know about the Food Court ?  You have 3 choices so I hope you are hungry for one of them.  And ya know what? I can’t even tell you what your options are because we didn’t hang around that long. It was hot in there and we weren’t waiting in the lines for “mall” food.





I was told this woman carrying the kid rolled her eyes at me when I took this picture.  I'm guessing she's not a blogger. If so she would know that to be a good blogger you have to have pictures.


Hope you don’t think im hating on the new outlet mall.  If I have to rate it from 1-10 I give it a 4.  Maybe you will have a better experience than I did. 

All in all I had a really good time in Oklahoma City .  It was nice to get out of town for a little bit and spend the day with my cousin.  She’s about to start back up in law school so I don’t know how often I will get to see her.  Highlight of the day = a cute guy gave her his phone number.  It made me smile J  Highlight of the weekend  = Halloween decorations are out and about.  Makes me happy to no end! I want Fall, I need Fall. 

Oh, aaaaaaand we stained the back porch that we just built and got a new shed for the back yard.  We had a pretty powerful storm roll through here last week and it managed to destroy our shed and we lost a couch cushion.  I really want that couch cushion back and trust me, I went looking for it, but some of our neighbors were missing shingles and their garage doors were all caved in and trampolines were straddling fences so I don’t really have much to complain about. Just a couch cushion.  So we were blessed that we didn’t have more damage.  Did I mention that we JUST bought the patio furniture?  Oh, well. I’ll live J 


Please ignore my missing cushion :)


Oh, aaaaaaand I totally forgot to mention that we went to PBR -Professional Bull Riding.  It was a lot of fun and we got to sit in the suite.  It was good to see my boy Robson.  He didn't ride but he still looked beautiful!











I couldn't find my pictures from last year so this is from two years ago.
This is my boy Robson.
He's from Brazil and I don't think he understands half of the things I say but he is always nice enough to hang out with my sister and I when he sees us.



Okay, I think I'm done now!




1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness sooo much fun! I never seen a bull riding show before..I don't think they have them in the city...:-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!