All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Monday
(yep, that's the best title I could come up with)

It's October!!!! Yay!! I'm so excited for this time of year to be here.  I have already made one slip up so far - I haven't taken out my fall decorations yet :( I know, I know, the shame.  Hopefully I can get around to that this weekend.  Might be kind of hard though since we are headed out to the Tulsa State Fair on Saturday.  Woo hoo! As trashy as the fair can sometimes get I love walking around looking at all the booths and displays and of course people watching.  Rest assured there will be no reports of me and a terrible ride incident cause I DONT DO RIDES.  Don't trust 'em, don't want to pay for 'em.

If you read my last post then you know I've been suffering from Routine Rut.  I have to say that this past week has been better.  I've been more conscious of my time and how just 10 minutes here and there can really get a task done.  (Except for finding fall decorations.)  I'm feeling pretty good about time decisions last week.  Last Thursday and today I am working a later shift for training reasons but I made sure to make it to the gym early in the morning and got that task out of the way.  It felt so good to leave the gym knowing that I wasn't lazy and my workout was already done for the day.

My eating wasn't all that great this past week.  I had a few slip ups but I will do better this week.  Especially because I have to get something yummy from the fair.  I passed up the corn dogs last year and that's just not happening again.  I didn't benefit at all from skipping it so gosh darnit, I'm having it! 

On my quest to eat better there is one thing that I just cannot fully give up - SWEETS!  A little tiny treat every day is recommended if you don't want to end up face down in a bowl of Cool-Whip. 

Here's a little something I put together that is simple, low calorie and just fancy enough that you'll want to sit at the table to eat it.  I think it's a great little snack for kids so they don't feel like they are eating just plain 'ol pudding.

April's Princess Pudding

1 Chocolate pudding cup - 60 calories
2 tbsp Cool-Whip (or Readywhip) - 25 calories
1 tbsp Sugar free Chocolate syrup -8 calories
1/2 tsp Sprinkles - 10 calories

Calorie Total = 103





I find it delicious!

Have a great Monday!



1 comment:

  1. Do not skip the corndogs at the fair. :) In fact, get one for each hand and a lemonade shakeup to swallow them down. Nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!