All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Monday, September 26, 2011

Routine Rut

I've been struck with a few thoughts these past few weeks, maybe even months. Even though some life happenings have tapped me on the shoulder lately I still feel that my life has become very dull. Don't get me wrong, life is good all the way around and I feel that Zach and I have grown closer as a couple due to circumstances surrounding us lately. I truly love him with all my heart and I'm excited for all that our future holds.

With talk of the future I feel I need to start setting a different pace for myself and for this household. We live in a Monday-Friday routine that I think I follow because I'm, well, just straight up lazy. I like to think I'm a creative person and I enjoy being crafty and have all the tools I need to sit down at my desk and just be creative. I want to read more, I want to scrapbook more, I want to blog more.....and I don't make time for these things because my evenings usually revolve around working out and watching my television programs and my weekends revolve around cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and bills. I'm very predictable. If I'm feeling right now that I just don't have time for anything then how am I going to function when we start having babies? Maybe I need to do a load of laundry every night? Maybe I need to prepare my lunches at night so I can have more relaxed mornings? I just feel like I'm in a routine rut so tonight I did a load of laundry and ironed my clothes for tomorrow and I already feel a little better.

It sounds a little ridiculous to me that someone who has no activities, school or clubs to attend is complaining about no time to do anything.  I know, I know, it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard too.  Please, all of you who work 2 jobs, have an armload of kids and have four different calendars to keep up with it all, please don't hate me.  One day I know I will look back on this time and think of how easy I had it.  I know these things.  I'm just keeping it real with you.

I'm glad for this time of year because the schedule starts filling up fast with the Fair, pumpkin patches, birthdays, holidays and on and on and on. Hopefully all the activities popping up on the calendar will set a new pace for me and I can start the new year with new habits and patterns. Did I just say the new year?? My goodness, this year has gone by fast!!!

I welcome any tips, shortcuts or encouragement you all can give me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!