All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beverly Hills, What A Thrill

"Gather 'round you friends of mine
We're Wilderness Girls and it's cookie time.
We work hard and we play fair
So buy a box and do your share."

Come on, admit it, you just sang that song and you just got WAY excited.  If you are thinking "I have no idea in the world what all that is."  Well, then I guess you're not a huge Troop Beverly Hills fan.

I always watch this movie this time of year.  Why? Because it's cookie time.  Girl Scout cookie time.  I'm kind of annoyed that you just can't fill out an order form anymore and wait for the amazing sugary day they come in and you eat an entire box of Thin Mints before you get home.  Last year we made a few stops in front of Wal*Mart to pick up a variety of cookies. Some I found in the safe.  I guess Zach didn't want anyone to get to them.  I may or may not have eaten some and put them right back on in.

Friday my brother called me and told me that I need to check out this article that just came out.  Troop Beverly Hills: The Experience.  Excuse me?  What now? Yeah, The Experience.  You can read the full article here.

Basically, it's supposed to be along the lines of The Rocky Horror Picture Show when it's shown in theaters and everyone participates and dresses up.  I'm not such a fan of Rocky Horror but I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to go to.

Troop Beverly Hills: The Experience is only running in L.A., New York City and Washington, D.C.  So upset there are no showings near me.  Maybe I should start my own in Tulsa.  It's possible I would be the only one doing the Freddie in the front of the theater, but who cares.  I would be having THE BEST time ever.  My inner Phyliss Nefler would be all over the place.  

My cousin is selling Girl Scout cookies this year and made sure her dad knew I would only buy some cookies if her dad called me and sang the Cookie Time song to me.  It happened yesterday.  I now must place an order :)

So this season while you are chomping down a whole box of Samoas, Tagalongs or those good ol' Thin Mints, go ahead and throw the movie in and have an experience of your own at home.  



Phyllis Nefler -Troop Beverly Hills

1 comment:

  1. HAHA The cookie song!! I don't know about you, but I love some Thin Mints. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!