All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fourth of July: The Meal


My house lately has become one hot smokin' joint. (And it smells fantastic!)  Zach and Denver recently took a cooking class where they learned the many many techniques of how to smoke some tasty meat.  It's pretty much the main topic of their conversations nowadays.  I thought the 4th was going to be just one of our typical little cookouts at the house but it didn't take me long to realize that it would not be the case this year.  This year it was going to be an all day (as in 12 hours) prep, set up, party and clean up kind of day.  My feet were in need of a rub on the 5th!

The guys started the meat around 10 in the morning and it was finally ready about 6 when our guests starting arriving. It was a day full of thermometers, cutting boards, knives, slabs of meat and 2 grown men who had smiles like kids on Christmas morning getting to play with all their new toys.  They were loving every minute of this and I heard them both say at the end of the evening what a fun day it was.  If I recall correctly (and I am) they both sent Kaycee and I texts that said "This is the best day of my life" during their all day cooking class a couple of weeks before.  I have a feeling this is going to become an expensive hobby.  They plan on entering some contests so maybe they can win us some big bucks.  Now that I am being forced to watch all these BBQ shows I know that they can win a pretty good chunk of change.  I've been promised the role of handing out samples when they finally do enter a show.  I wonder if I'll get paid for that???

There was quite the spread to choose from.  Ribs, brisket, hot links, burnt ends and something they referred to as a fatty.  Some sort of meat wrapped in meat, wrapped in meat.  I have to say, it looked very pretty all bundled together and it was pretty dang tasty.  I had several servings. #notembarassed

Pretty much everyone in attendance raved about the meat saying it was some of the best brisket they have ever had.  I think the guys walked a little taller the next day.  Since Kaycee and I will be in Oklahoma City all day tomorrow Denver is coming over so him and Zach can have a meat practice day.  Not even sure of their plans cause I will be at a wedding show doing girly things.  :)





So much of this post is dedicated to the cooks that I will save the rest of the party for next time.

Good job guys!! 

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!