All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Friday, June 26, 2015

New Seasons All Around

Hi ya! Well, I guess it's been awhile since my last visit to the keyboard.  Lots of things going on in the Rowell house that I have been meaning to announce but I haven't felt the best lately and I have been just kind of a bum when I get home.

Why have I not felt the best lately?  It's because I'm growing another baby!  That's right, a new Rowell is on the way.  I am almost 15 weeks and I think I'm finally getting out of that first trimester sickness junk.  I'm thankful that I haven't been totally sick with the throwing up and everything but let me tell you my stomach has been all over the place.  This week was the first full week that I haven't been nauseous and hungry and sick of food all at the same time.  It's been coming in waves and I think those days might be behind me (I hope!)

This was our Facebook pregnancy announcement.


The one thing that's been taking me down the past 3 or so weeks is a headache that just doesn't want to go away.  (this week has been good, keep these good weeks coming!)  When you are pregnant the only thing you can take for headaches is Tylenol.  Okay.  I might as well just pop a couple of Skittles cause it has about the same results.  The headache remains.  I finally called my doctor to see what else I could take because normally I have prescription Ibuprofen that will knock my headaches out pretty fast.  The only thing they could prescribe me was Tylenol with codeine.  I was told it may not take the pain away any more than regular Tylenol but it might relax me and give me a good nights sleep.  Took 'em twice and was up until almost midnight both nights.  Lesson learned - codeine does not make me sleepy.

My baby bump has really popped out in the last couple of weeks and it's just weird to me that I am going through all this again.  Don't get me wrong, we are very excited and this was planned but I just don't think it's 100% hit me that we are having another baby.  It gets a little more real every time the bump grows a little more.
The beginning of maternity clothes.


Evelyn is really excited about the baby and asks me every day if the baby is punching me.  She keeps changing her mind on whether it's a boy or a girl.  I feel boy.  I guess we will find out in a little over a month.  If it's a girl, I'VE GOT CLOTHES.  If it's a boy, SHOPPING!!!  I don't have a preference on what to have.  I just want a healthy baby.  
My precious little flower girl.


What other change is coming up?  A new house. Oh goodness is the next several months going to be busy!  We are in the process of staging our house right now to get it ready to sell.  That's a big pain in the butt.  We signed the papers on the new house this week and building is planned to start in August.  My due date is December 21st and they are saying the house should be ready in late November/early December.  Please mother nature don't do anything that will slow this down!  Although it's going to be weird the next several months living in a bare home and baby planning and new house planning I'm really excited for it and I have prayed a lot about it and I feel at total peace with everything.  I hope we just get in the house in time to put up a Christmas tree :)

Another change that has come my way lately has been a change at work.  I've been in a supervisor role for over 2 years now and before that was in a leadership role for about 7 years or so.  The past year or so I have really struggled with this position.  Being in charge of people is not an easy job.  I'd like to say that I am an easy person to get along with and for the most part I really like people.  I've never been a negative person or mean spirited but over the past year I have found myself changing into a person I'm just not.  And a person I don't really like.  I won't go into too much of all my issues but let's just say it was seriously messing with my mental state.

A new position came open a couple of months ago and I have been very blessed to have been offered this position.  And let me tell ya, I already feel such a weight off my shoulders.  It came at such a perfect time because I don't need the extra stress during my pregnancy or after.  My family needs to be my priority and this new position will let me have that.  No more texts at 3 in the morning asking if someone can have the day off.  Yes, that is a true story.  Thank you Lord for your blessings!

Now that I'm feeling better I hope I can blog about this pregnancy they way I did with Evelyn.  It's fun to go back and read about those times :)  And speaking of Evelyn, I can't believe she will be 3 years old next week.  3!!!!  She is just about the best thing ever and I know she is going to be such a good big sister.  She's already made plans to feed and diaper the baby.  Momma's little helper!

Send good vibes for the sale of our house!! :)

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!