All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Birthday Weekend

Busy, busy, busy! And I don't see it slowing down any time soon. Lots of stuff on the horizon for both home and work.  I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on Evelyn's 3rd birthday.  With all that's been on the agenda lately there just wasn't time (or should I say I didn't make the time) to plan a birthday party for Evelyn this year.  The past 2 years have been pretty expensive when you add up the price of the venue, food, decorations and goodie bags. So I don't feel like I've lost any mommy points by not having an actual party with invitations.

Note to self and others: don't use Dollar General for helium for your balloons.
a) you first have to purchase a package of balloons
b) you have to pay $1 per balloon for helium
c) they don't give you string or weights for them. They just shove them in a Dollar G plastic bag
d) they will be on the ground the next morning when you go to decorate your doorway
These balloons are only "floating" because they are taped to each other and to the sign
Never again.


Let's be honest, she's three and the parties so far have been for my enjoyment because she isn't going to remember these when she is older.  But I will have a gazillion pictures to show her :)

We started the day at Chuck E. Cheese because she had been seeing the commercials for it for a few weeks.  I knew she wouldn't be all about Chuck E. when he made his appearance but all in all it was actually a really good time. I wasn't too excited about it at first.  Dirty facility? Dirty pizza?  But I was gonna do it for her.  Turns out, the pizza was pretty darn good and the only thing dirty about the place was the smell when you first walked in.  Ya know, that dirty kid feet smell.  After about 5 minutes you got used to it.

First trip to Chuck E. Cheese. 


After an hour or so there we headed to the mall to Build-A-Bear.  Not our finest visit there (okay, it was only our second) but we had a tired little girl who needed a nap but wasn't quite to crazy-kid level yet.  She picked out a dragon and all was going well until it was time to give the thing a "bath".  That burst of air was it for her.  She was over it.  Even though she was the one who picked out the dragon it took her a couple of days to come around and be friends with him.  We I named him Elliott and I thought he was the cutest thing.  I was actually starting to feel sorry for this little dragon.  Poor thing.  Had to sleep in the living room by himself for a couple of nights until he was upgraded to Evelyn's chair.  So glad that she has accepted him!

See how happy she is with Elliott! :-\


After Build-A-Bear we took a trip to Toys-R-Us to pick out some presents.  Yes, I wanted her to be able to rip open presents and of course take 100 photos of this happening but she's at an age where she knows what's going on in the stores now and I can longer just throw something in the cart.  No, I don't feel bad about it because it was fun to take her through the aisles and let her pick out stuff.  When we got home she couldn't wait to take everything out of it's package.  Hey, I saved on wrapping paper and tape.

One tired little 3 year old!


The next day we had a little cookout for the Fourth of July (that was not a birthday party) but she really wanted a Scooby-Doo cake so we bought  a cake and found some Scooby-Doo decorations and celebrated Evelyn's birthday again.  Why not?  Evelyn wasn't scared this year of the fireworks and it turned out to be  nice little evening with family.  The next day we were worn out!

The many faces of Evelyn!

Front yard party!


So, no big party this year but it was a wonderful weekend and I saw how much love this little girl has and it's pretty amazing.

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!