All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Rowell, Party of Four

Well, okay, it's been awhile since my last post and I am taking some time out today (which I really have none to spare) to update you all.

Last we talked I told you about being pregnant and waiting for our house to be built.  Now it's about 2 plus months later and I am now the owner of a new baby and a new house.  Let's talk about my sweet Oliver first.....

Oliver is 6 weeks old TODAY!  I can't even believe it's been 6 weeks already.  Which means I'm half way through my maternity leave :(  I think it's going to be harder to return to work this time around because I have spent so much time with Evelyn.  She's not going to want to leave me and I'm not going to want to leave her. #workingmom  Even though I will be sad to leave my kids (it's still weird to say "kids")  I will be ready to get back to a daily routine and actually get dressed and put on makeup.

So here he is.....Oliver Louis Rowell
Born December 16, 2015 at 11:11 a.m.
9 lbs 6 inches
21 inches long

Just stretching it out
Can't believe this guy was so big. No wonder I was completely uncomfortable the last couple of months and everyone kept telling me how big I looked.  Thanks friends ;)

Didn't take long to fall in love with this face!

Sister getting to hold him. It's amazing how her maturity level went up from the time she first saw him.  She has been an awesome big sister and wants to make sure he is taken care of.  Only a couple of times has she told me "Just put him down" when she needs something :)

Love those chunky cheeks!

6 weeks later.....




He has lost some of his hair and is around 11 pounds.  Big Boy! During the day he eats about every 2 hours and has been going 5-6 hours at night between feedings so that's been nice.  Of course that doesn't mean I get that much sleep.  I still have to get up and pump in the middle of the night.

I had some struggles with breast feeding so I had to go straight to pumping while in the hospital since he lost 13% of his weight.  I've attempted to breast feed a couple of times since but it's still a little painful and I find comfort in knowing how many ounces he's getting with each feeding and I've been able to start a good supply of frozen milk.

Oliver has pretty much stolen everyone's heart around here.  Obviously he has his times of screaming like a crazy person but he's a baby.  They cry.  Over all he is a good baby and LOVES to be held and loves to eat.  Maybe he won't be as picky as an eater as his sister :|

Now to the house.  Not a lot to say on it right now.  We have only been in it for a week and a half so it's not together AT ALL.  I knew I had a lot of stuff while packing the house but now that we are unpacking it I'm a little overwhelmed.   I still feel like it's a strange place but I know before too long it will feel like home after pictures and such are hung up and things are organized.  Right now I'm just shoving things in cabinets just to get the boxes unpacked.  Probably not the best plan but when you have two kids needing your attention and you have to take the time out to pump and make sure the dog is getting some love too, you just do it.  I'm very thankful for a husband who likes to cook and take care of kids after he's had a long day at work.  

So there it is, the first blog of the year and your first look at my precious new baby boy.  I can't say it enough, I am beyond blessed!

Happy New Year to you all!

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!