All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Guess who’s back? Back again…..

Well, the time has come folks. I can’t believe it’s happening already…..I’ve returned to work!  I remember walking out of my office in December thinking ‘alright, I’ve got the next 3 months off and it’s going to be such a long time’.  And now here I am with maternity leave becoming such a blur.  Honestly, I’m glad to be back at work and I think it will be a good thing to be around some adults and actually put on make-up and do my hair for a change.  I do miss my babies like crazy but it is a nice little break to be concerned with only myself instead going in several directions trying to please all the kiddies of the household. (This includes the dog :))  Let me tell ya, I love on them babies hard when I get home.




The work week wasn't too bad.  It kind of feels like I never left.  Trying to get back into the groove of things.  It was nice to come back and feel like people actually missed me and were glad to have me back.  The worst part so far has been the traffic though.  Ugh!  At least it’s been spring break and less cars and buses have been out.  But still.

I guess I should confess and say that I didn’t even work a full work week this week but it wasn’t the plan.  Oliver had a doctor’s appointment to check on something on his little butt and it turned into something the doctor wanted us to see a surgeon for.  So they set us up for an appointment the next morning and said he needed to have his last feeding at 7pm, could only have Pedialyte from 7pm-4am and then nothing after 4am in case the doctor wanted to do anything.  So I’m thinking what does that even mean?  What are they going to do to him because it sounds like they are prepping him for surgery. Made me nervous.  One, because my baby is probably going to have to have surgery and secondly, I have to withhold food from a 3 month old baby who eats every 2 hours and has a weight to prove it.  (I love my little chunky monkey)  So this mommy was trying to hold it together and not have a melt down from instantly feeling overwhelmed.  Keep in mind I had already gotten up the past 2 days at 3 in the morning just to make it out the door by 7 to be at work by 8.  #mommymeltdown #workingmommy

He woke up around 3 to eat so we gave him some Pedialyte and he kind of went back to sleep.  Long enough for me to put my makeup on but then he was ready to roar again cause he was getting hangry!  I skipped doing my hair and just threw it in a ponytail so once I got him a little sleepy again I put him in his swing and curled up in the recliner.  I so badly wanted to recline but we have a push back recliner that is not exactly easy to recline in.  I literally have to throw my whole body back against the back of the chair to make it work.  I wasn’t about to cause that kind of racket so I just curled myself up and tried to get a little bit of sleep.  That lasted about 20 minutes until the next cry episode began.  I scooped him up and just spread out on the couch with him on my chest hoping he would just be cool.  It was one of those moments where I was praying “please Lord, just let me have 30 minutes of quietness” then all of a sudden there was a knock at the door.  Now, I had told my mom to be at my house at 6:30 and it wasn’t even 6:00 yet when I heard the knock and then the doorbell rang.  For whatever reason there is no peep hole in our door and I couldn’t see my mom’s car in the driveway so I stood at the door holding Oliver asking “Mom, is that you?” I mean I knew it was her because who is going to rob me by knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell first.  You never know. So she answered back and me being a little nutty sleepy opened the door and set the alarm off.  Goodness, what a morning it had been so far.  

Finally, we made it to his appointment where the doctor only looked at his spot for no more than 5 seconds and suggested surgery…..that day.  (Gulp)  Trust me, I know how blessed we are with healthy children and there are a lot worse things that could be going on with my baby boy but to be told your baby is going to have to have surgery that day makes a mommas heart a little weak.  We agreed to do the surgery and before we knew it we were taking the long walk across the hospital to one-day surgery.  Thank goodness they were kind enough to bump us up in line since he is a baby and he hadn’t eaten since 7 the night before.  Everything happened so fast that I didn’t even have time to think about much and certainly no time to Google anything.  That’s a good thing!  I knew everything was going to be just fine but I was nervous about him having to be put under anesthesia and having a little shot put in his back that they compared to an epidural. 

Snuggling with daddy at the hospital.

At home feeling better.  Hospital shirt was too small. #gusgus 


To sum it all up he did excellent during surgery and the healing seems to be going well.  Hasn’t been too cranky and I can tell he hasn’t been as fussy about things like he was. The surgeon said it has probably been pretty painful for him so hopefully he will be a happier baby and not be uncomfortable.  

I’m thankful that it’s over with and that I have my first week of work out of the way.  It’s always the hardest.

Thanks to everyone who texted and commented on Facebook about Oliver.  It’s nice to have a great group of people who truly care about you and your family.

Here’s to a great 2nd week of work!!

-April


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!