All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Thirty-Five and Four Months

Guess who turned 35 last week and doesn’t feel a day over 25?  This momma right here!  Well, sort of.  I used to think 40 was so old and so far away when I was a teen and even into my 20’s and now it’s just a short 5 years away.  Gasp!  It really makes me start to wonder what have I not done with my life that I still want to do?  Is it too late to follow my dreams?  Is it too late to switch up where I work? Have I hit the age where I shouldn’t listen to the newest pop songs?  Am I too old to listen to Justin Bieber?  You know, the important questions in life.  Not that I am creeping on retirement but as I get older and start hitting those key ages it makes me look at things a little differently.  At this point in my life my children are taking front stage and I’m working on being the best mom I can to them and make them proud to have me as their mom.  I want to be that mom that my children know they can come to with anything and know that I will love them and support them.


She's never too far from her brother.


Now that we are talking about children can I just say how cool I think my kids are.  Evelyn absolutely lights up my whole family.  She has got such a funny personality and sometimes I forget she is only 3 years old with the way she talks and interacts with us.  I can only imagine how grown she will be a year from now after having a year of school under her little preschool belt.  Like,  she will be going ALL DAY in public schools.  When we go back-to-school shopping I better pick up some of those 3 pack Kleenex boxes…..for her daddy and I.  She is going to love school and I’m excited to start on this journey in her life.

When you match the cat on your shirt you are cool!

I LOVE this headband on her.
So grown up looking.


At least you still have a baby at home, you say? That’s true.  But he doesn’t seem like a baby anymore.  He is growing so fast that I feel like I didn’t get to experience the newborn stage with him.  Maybe it’s because it wasn’t new to me this time so I wasn’t letting every moment sink in the way I did with Evelyn.  And with moving into our new house and it being Christmas time I think there were other distractions that kept me busy and just trying to get through each day.  I’m trying to do better about that.  I don’t want the days to pass me by and I look back and didn’t document milestones or take the gazillion pictures like I took of Evelyn.  I’m just so tired and there is always some kind of chore that needs to be done that I’m not taking the time to just stop and watch.  Even when it comes to Evelyn I have noticed me putting her on hold for a little bit and again I need to remember that she is just 3 and she doesn’t understand why I can’t always put her needs first or play with her when she says “I’m so lonely in my room.”  I know I give her excuses of why I can’t play in her room and to be honest I sometimes just want to sit on the couch and not do anything.  That lasts about 3 minutes and then it’s on to the next task.  It really does give me some mommy guilt and I know when I stop pumping and as Oliver gets older and can sit up and play that I will have some more freedom.  I guess for right now I just need to enjoy the moments where Oliver just wants to be held because this stage is only for a little bit and before I know it he is going to be a grown man who’s probably going to tower over me.  Oh man, I’ve got to stop.  Gonna get all teary eyed over here.

We have finally found our toes!!


So precious!

Just a swingin'

More toes!!


Okay, moving on :) Let’s talk about Amy Schumer.  My husband took me on a nice little birthday date last weekend and we went and saw Amy Schumer at the BOK.  Haven’t seen any of her stand up before so I didn’t really know what to expect.  I’ve only seen her on Comedy Central’s roasts.  She seemed funny.  I don’t really like nasty comedy and she was a little much at times but all in all she was okay.  I just think you can be funny without being gross.  Yes, I laughed at  some of her “I would be so embarrassed if I heard this in front of my parents” jokes but some of it just left me staring at her wishing I didn’t have a headache and maybe it would be funnier.  So I guess on a scale of 1-10 I give her a 7.  That’s good, right?

Okay, so I get some of these rules but some just seem a little extreme.


My handsome date!


Oliver had his 4 month check-up last week and he was just about as perfect as he can be :) He weighed in at a whopping 17.2 pounds and has 2 little bottom teeth poking their way through.  This explains all that lovely drool and wonderful crying out of nowhere :)  #blesshisheart .  He has started laughing out loud, or should I say LOLing, and it’s so adorable.  For the most part he is a happy baby and I just love to see his grin.  It will capture your heart every time!  My cousin is due with her baby girl in just about 6 weeks and I can’t wait to see how big he looks compared to her.  He’s going to be a giant! He already is wearing his 6-6/9 month clothes.  Bye bye 3-6 months.  Those didn’t last long.



And finally, I was very sad to hear about the passing of Prince this week.  His music is absolutely a part of my life soundtrack and I will sing along to his songs a little bit louder now.




Thank you for reading and have a very blessed week!

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!