All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Thursday, August 11, 2016

'Gotta go back, back, back to school again’…..
(and if you didn’t just sing that and know what movie it’s from I don’t think we can be friends anymore)

Holy Pre-K Batman! Well folks, it’s finally here.  The day my momma heart has been thinking about since the day my baby girl was born.  SCHOOL!!!! Oh yes, good ol’ public school is about to enter our lives.  I have to admit I’m not as nervous as I thought I would be with school being one week away.  (Ask me again next Thursday about 8:00 a.m.)  But I can’t say the same for Zach.  His daddy heart can’t even really talk about it.  I think he might be doing the crying next week instead of Evelyn or me.  



It has a cape.  A CAPE!


We’ve never left Evelyn with anyone she doesn’t know besides at dance class and that was for 1 hour a week and we were in the next room.  I have a lot of confidence that she is going to do great and really love school.  I think once we get past the first couple of days MY anxiety will be lowered and we can all get used to our new routine. I went ahead and took the first 2 days of school off because, you know, I won’t be able to focus on anything the whole day.  Not sure what our plans are because Zach is off too.  We might just sit and stare at each other waiting to go pick her up.   I wonder how long we can sit in the parking lot and watch the playground before they kick us out??  I kid, I kid…..

Honestly, I’m ready for this next chapter in our lives.  She can’t be a baby forever and I’m excited to see her mature and be in new environments.  It’ll be good for me too.  I want to be involved as much as I can.  I want Evelyn and Oliver to know that their parents were there and supportive.  Can’t believe I’m about to reference Brett Favre but in his Hall of Fame speech the other night he mentioned about how his parents were there for him and that’s what he remembers and I want my kids to grow up having that feeling knowing they are important.  Whatever they are involved in Zach and I will be there.  Even if it’s in 100 degree weather I will sit myself out in the sun with a big bottle of water and a BIG bottle of sunscreen with a big smile on my face and support them and be there.


From Brett Favre's Hall of Fame speech


Cheers to a new school year for everyone and hugs to all the momma's and daddy’s and anyone who has to let their child go just a little bit and start becoming their own person.  We can do it!!

What’s new with Oliver?  Well, he can no longer be left alone because this boy is a crawling machine. He was going backwards for about a week or so and then one day he just decided he was going to get it out of reverse.  And oh boy is he on the go!  He’s doing really good at balancing on his own for about 5-7 seconds.  I think he might be walking before his first birthday.  We even had to lower the crib because he started pulling himself up.  #babyproofitall

He LOVES his sister!

Sitting big in his highchair.

Just hanging with momma.

He’s not really saying any words yet, just a bunch of babble but in that babble we have heard a couple of “dadas” and “mommas” but nothing to write in the baby book about.  Soon though.  Oliver will be 8 months next week and I finally hung up the pumping gear.  This momma is FREE!!!!  I’m glad I did it and I said before if we had another baby I would do it all again but it’s a lot of work.  Like, a part time job work.  I have a deep freezer full of milk but I’m surprised at how fast I am going through it already.  I put in so many hours and lost sleep for that supply so I’m hoping it at least gets me through the next couple of months.  I did introduce him to formula last week because I know at some point I’m going to run out of milk before he’s one and he did very well with it.  Liked it and didn’t have any reactions. I was concerned.  And you know what?  That precious little boy slept for 12 hours 3 times last week.  I don’t know if it was because of the formula or if he is just getting better sleeping habits but I will take it.

Happy thought:  Fall is just around the corner!!!!

-April

Ps – It’s from Grease 2 – learn it, love it, sing it loud in your car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!