All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Maternity Leave T.V.

Happy Thursday! Not that it's different from any other Thursday that's been on my calendar but at least it's a holiday weekend and Zach will be home for the next 4 days.  Well, probably not home the whole time since one of our friends is visiting for the weekend and another has a birthday tomorrow so I'm sure there will be some celebrating going on for both events.

My maternity leave is 2/3 of the way done and I can't believe how fast it's gone by.  Evelyn just turned 8 weeks old and it's crazy how much she has changed in that amount of time.  She has a doctors appointment next week and I'm curious to see how much she is going to weigh.  She's gotten a little bit chunky lately.  She is, however, sleeping through the night.  It's been a whole week so far! Such a good sleeper :) She doesn't sleep much during the day so this is probably why she keeps those peepers shut all night.  No complaints here.  Actually, the first couple of nights I was kind of sad because our "alone" time in the middle of the night didn't happen.  I'm sure they will return at some point so for now I'm catching those zzzz's.

Hopefully when I return to work Evelyn will keep her sleep schedule so that I will be able to function.  For now we are just enjoying our daytime television and I know that one day I will hear the them song to these shows and remember the days when I was a new mom and trying from day to day to figure it all out.

Our typical day consists of feeding, pumping, feeding, Zumba, feeding, pumping and television.


Beverly Hills 90210

We follow the gang a couple times a day.  I'm glad they are showing the high school episodes because I never followed it once they graduated.  The Dylan and Brenda years were the best!  I wanted to be Brenda so bad when I was in the 6th grade and I will never forget where I was when they broke up.  I cried.

One Tree Hill

One of the best shows of all time.  If you haven't given this show a try you are only hurting yourself.  Such great writing and right when you think it can't get any more dramatic.....it does! So good!

Saved By The Bell

Oh my! My favorite show of all time (tied with Full House).  The older I am the funnier it gets!  I so wish they would do a reunion.  I'm sure I would cry if it ever happened.

Roseanne

One of the funniest shows! No matter how many times I've seen an episode it is funny every. single. time.

So this is pretty much the lineup every day.  No more days of trashy talk shows taking up my day.  Sure wish Jenny Jones was on.  She gave the guests a make-over no matter what the problem was.  Loved it! 

I did get a little Pinteresty this past week and did a few projects that I have pinned.  I must say I was pretty proud of myself for following through on something on one of my boards.

Made this amazing Funfetti Dip on Sunday. I chose to dip chocolate animal cookies in it but I'm sure some fruit or pretzels would be great too.  Actually, I did try pretzels in it and it was super good :)

All you need is.....
1 box of Funfetti cake mix
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup cool whip

.....mix it all together until there are no big clumps.....


.....and chill for 4 hours.....

I sprinkled mine with some cookie sprinkles but I don't recommend putting them on there until you are ready to serve it.  When I took it out of the refrigerator the sprinkles had bleed and it looked sloppy.

It was a hit with my family and is now on the list of easy things I can bring to work for luncheons.
Go me! Go Pinterest!

And here is my little helper :)

Stay tuned for my other "projects".  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!