All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, January 7, 2014


New Year New Goals
Part 2

Hope everyone is having a fantastic new year so far.  I have to say that my first week was pretty good.  I stuck to all my Weight Watchers points and had 3 left to spare at the end of the week and lost 2 pounds.  I ate Little Caesars, Taco Bell, Panda Express, Sonic and more Little Caesars and still lost weight.  I just made sure to stick to my points and be smart about what I was eating.  First week = Success!!

Part Two of my “New Year New Goals” isn’t as deep as Part One.  These aren’t major changes right now that I need to make but if I don’t start on these little things then I think they will erupt at some point and turn into major deals.{{{nooo}}}  They all really tie back to just doing things for me and my sanity.  I’ve spent so much time putting focus on my mommy duties and house duties that I don’t have much time to spend on myself.  As soon as there is a free moment I fill it with the next load of laundry or paying some bills or sleep.  Here are just a few of my “little things” that need improvement this year.

Blogging – I gotta get back in the habit.  The past year and a half has just been hit and miss.  Sorry, but the free time I had was spent doing mommy things.  I do wish to improve this.  I enjoy writing and it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I post something.  I like when people like what I have to say.  It gives me a little boost in my day.  Don’t hold me to this but…..I want to give you all something at least twice a week. (Fingers crossed)

Magazines – Oh boy! I have GOT to keep up with these things.  I always think when renewal time comes around that I’m just going to cancel all of them and be done.  Well, I have yet to do that AND I really don’t want to.  If you know me at all you know that I have a deep love for paper.  I can’t get enough of it.  I love the way it feels, the way it sounds and the way it smells.  LoVe It!!  I’m just not ready to part with it.  This year I want to do a much better job of keeping up with them.  Seriously, I have a huge stack of them dating back to maybe 2012…..possibly a few from 2011??  How many magazines do I subscribe to, you ask?  Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, All You, Glamour, Parents and now Highlights.  You also might be asking how come I just don’t throw the old ones away or donate them.  Well, I have this thing that I think I might have put a piece of mail or something important in between the pages so I have to go through all the pages in all of them just to see.  Yep.  That’s me.  But you all still love me anyways :)

Reading – Every time I start a new book I always wonder why I don’t read more often.  It’s such a relaxer and allows me to jump into someone else’s world for awhile. It’s the best.  I have several books on the shelves that I’ve picked up, read the first chapter and then never looked back.  It wasn’t because it wasn’t good.  It’s because I have been way too distracted by technology to pick them back up again.  Do I really need to scroll through Facebook again to see if someone has posted something new from the time I was scrolling 5 minutes before?  No, but I do.  In this amount of time I could’ve turned a few pages and gotten a little bit further in my book.  But at the same time I don’t need total silence to look through my phone like I do a book so maybe I just need to carve out time for reading when I have the silence.  (Which is when???)  Hmmff…..

Scrapbooking – Let’s just say that I have started a scrapbook every year since 2007 but usually never get past the month of April.  Going to try a new approach this year and try binder scrapbooking instead of the traditional scrapbooking.  I think I will be able to fit more than one year in it and it just has different possibilities rather than a big 12x12 page.  You can purchase pages that hold several 5x7 or 4x6 photos so I can print off my favorites without having to be creative with them.  I can just stick ‘em in the slots and go.  Maybe add a sticker or something to it to jazz it up.  I could probably add these pages to a regular scrapbook as well but one of my least favorite things about making big scrapbooks is adding pages to it.  Good-ness!! I can’t stand unscrewing those little page holder things.  It gets complicated.

This is my craft desk.  This is a mess.

Pictures – I must must must put all my pictures on the external hard drive.  I would be so sad if I lost all my pics of Evelyn.  I also would like to get them on disc too and put them in the safe just in case.  This is going to be a long process…..

I had several little things I wanted to work on better this year but I realized I wrote them on the back of the grocery list that Evelyn chewed on so I threw it away.  This is enough to get me started I guess.....

Happy Tuesday!

-April

((((((Selfie))))))



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!