All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year -New Goals
Part One

Well Happy Happy Happy New Year to you!!!! As exciting as a new year always is for the chance to get a clean slate I always find it a tiny bit depressing.  I think because I am not the best with change and 2013 just becomes another year in the books. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond grateful to have that year in the books and all that came with it but I always have a hard time saying goodbye.  But about mid January that feeling fades and I'm ready to hit it hard and make the next year full of great memories and experiences.  

I'm ready to make this year fantastic and make some much needed changes around here.  Changes in my body, mind and soul.  I've been trying to shed weight for about, hmmmm, 10 years now.  I really don't have that much to lose but all these little tricks and tries I'm doing don't seem to be working.  I joined Weight Watchers online this week and I've stuck to it so far.  Even through New Year's Eve.  I even logged my champagne :) I did WW a couple of years ago and lost 7 pounds in the first 3 weeks.  Then I got pregnant and well, you know, I gained weight :-/  I've done Lose It! and I think it's a great app and I known people who really succeeded on it but for me it's too easy to "start over on Monday". Since I'm paying for WW I really think it's going to help me stick to the program.  Plus, I know they say "a calorie is a calorie" so it's easy to use all your calories up on junk if you want but it doesn't help your body any.  So I don't think I totally believe this calorie lie.  Please, oh please Lord, let me see some results.

Mentally, I like to think that I've got it pretty much together but I've found in the past few years that there are probably a few tweaks I can make to stop these mental wars I have daily.  I'm sure you all have them going on too.  Sometimes your inner thoughts get the best of you and at the end of the day you are just drained from all the thinking.  Well, I'm tired of it.  I am SOOO tired of it.  I'm tired of it stealing my time.  I'm tired of it filling me with doubt.  I'm tired of it causing conflict with people.  I just want more peace in my every day living and this year, I'M GETTING IT!  How am I going to get it?  Giving my life back to the Lord.

Yes, I'm a christian.  Yes, I am saved.  Yes, I pray daily.  But I do not completely give myself to the Lord.  I do not follow in his plan every day.  Sometimes I go with what the flesh wants and not with what I know is his plan and the right thing to do.  I don't like this side of me.  I need to change.  I need to change to be an example for my family.  I know that when I walk with the Lord it's a better life for me.  Not better materialistically, but things that you cannot buy.  Like peace, comfort and true happiness.

I believe this time next year I'm going to be writing to tell you about all the changes 2014 brought and how I'm a different and better person because of it.  Not just me but my whole household.  Get ready Lord, I'm coming for you :)

-April

Can't have a post without pictures, right?
Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!