All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thunder Weekend

As much as I was looking forward to this past weekend to get out of town, do some shopping, hang out with friends and go cheer on my OKC Thunder there were moments of sadness along the way.  Fact: I missed Evelyn real bad.  We aren't away from her much and this was the first time that I had spent more than 24 hours away from her.  (It was like 26 1/2 hours to be almost exact.)  We just love her so much!  My sister is always telling me to go somewhere or asking to drop her off for a few hours but it's really hard for me to do that.  I'm sure one day I won't be so obsessed.....probably not though.  Sometimes my time with her feels rushed during the week so on the weekends I just want to soak up all the time I can without thinking about what's taking place the next day at work or making sure I get to bed at a decent time so I'm not dragging the next morning. I just want to relax and enjoy my time with her.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun over the weekend hanging out with my friends and watching some Thunder basketball.  And I'm glad we came away with a win.  Definitely going to do a group thing next year again.  Hopefully we can watch them play a better team than the Bucks. 


Tonight, as I write this Thunder is currently losing. Why do they do this to me?  And also, I've taken a huge mommy step tonight by not rocking Evelyn to sleep.  It's been coming for awhile now but I've just been putting it on hold.  I'm not good with change so it's going to take me a couple of days to get used to this.  She did pretty good tonight I think.  She cried for a little bit while laying her down but stopped about 2 minutes after leaving the room.  Of course I was in tears in the hallway.  Then about 10 minutes later she started in again crying so I went in to make sure she had her pacifier and she saw me.  She stood up and tried to climb out while pulling at my shirt.  Ugh, my heart :(  So I patted her on the back, told her I loved her and left the room.  She only cried for a minute or so and then she's been quiet ever since.  Only a couple little whimpers here and there.  All in all the first night has been good.  Wish me good thoughts for the rest of the week.


-April

p.s. Thunder just lost. Dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!