All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Days 11,12,13

Okay, so I know the challenge is the TWELVE days of Christmas but there are actually 14 days to the challenge so lucky for you, you get to read 2 extra!! It's been an insane busy weekend for me.  I had a Christmas show to attend where I was one of the stage managers so this task took up Friday and Saturday.  Saturday night was the annual Bunko party at my sister's so that kept me up late and I rarely stay up late so I was pretty sleepy this morning.  

Well, here it is, 3 days in 1.  They might be a little shorter than I originally planned but I'm trying to squeeze it all in before dinner.  Which my wonderful husband is making. (I told you I don't cook.)

Day 11 
New Years Resolutions

I'm only giving you a sneak peek because A) I don't have a complete list done yet and B) I planned to do a blog at the first of the year about this.

1.  Be a regular at church.
2.  Read my "Bible through in a year."
3.  Read 2 books a month.
4.  Try a new recipe at least twice a month.  (I'm trying to learn to cook :)
5.  Recyle

And that's all I have so far.  

Day 12
Show us your decorations.

I went kind of skimpy this year on my decor because Phoebe Rowell was getting mad at the 6 foot tree I was trying to put up so we ended up with the 3 foot tree on top of the entertainment center.  I put out what I could and I really think I need to purchase some more decorations on December 26th.  It's so much fun to be at Wal*Mart at 6 a.m. when they open the doors and everyone rushes to get all the Christmas stuff for 50% off.  And I say everyone because yes, there is usually a crowd.  I've seen my sister drag a wet floor sign under her cart as she was running to get the tree she wanted all while an employee is telling her not to run and I can't catch my breath because I'm laughing so hard.  Did my sister slow down? Nope.  Did she get the tree she wanted?  Yep! :) So here is a little peek at my house.  Enjoy!

This is Mr. Peepers.  My kitchen has gnomes in it so my sister-in-law bought him for me a couple of years ago.  He sits on top of the refrigerator.

I bought these the first Christmas Zach and I were married.  It's supposed to be us as moose :)

This is one of Zach's stockings when he was a little boy.  Once again, wish I had mine.

This is just some of the decorations on our little tree.  It has no theme.  Just random stuff.  We received  A LOT of ornaments as wedding gifts.  I guess that's what happens when you get married in December.

Some Nutcrackers.  I LOVE them.  I think I will be on the hunt for those this year on the 26th.

A little winter birdie from my friend.   I love his little hat!

My hallway shelf.

This is Binks.  He is the first gift Zach ever gave me.

I got this ornament last year in Bryant Park in NYC.  There were so many to chose from but I liked this one because we visited the tree.  The picture in the back is us in Central Park.

I was given this ornament from my sister-in-laws New York City family.  That's her in the picture with me.  I believe we were in Little Italy and it just started snowing.

This is in the living room.  My little 3 foot tree.  Maybe next year I can get a big one.

My cowboy tree.

Another Nutcracker.

My Carolers!

We didn't do outdoor decorations this year.  We've been busy little bees so far this season and we just didn't make time to do it.  Maybe next year for that too :)


Day 13
Favorite Cookie Recipe

I'm gonna be real honest and let you know that I don't have one.  Maybe next for that too!!  :)

Happy  holiday decorating,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!