All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The S Word

Well, If you have been watching the news then you know that the state of Oklahoma has been attacked by the stuff we loved as a kid but despise as an adult.....SNOW.  Okay, some of you might still really find it great when you see the first flutter of a snowflake fall gracefully to the ground where it rests for a couple of seconds before it melts away as if it were never there.  And ya know, that parts cool with me too, but when those flakes like to pile on top of each other and stay and build and stay and build all it does it make me mad.  Sure it's pretty, sure it makes for good pictures, of course it gives me a good excuse not to go to work but let me tell you here and now that I am not fan of Snow.

When I was a kid it was nothing at all to suit up (meaning I piled on as much clothes as possible until I kind of felt like I was weightless, if that makes any sense) and go outside and play until I was just plumb wore out.  I really hope I get this enthusiasm back when I have kids because all snow does is interrupt my daily living. I'm over it! I've been stranded at home for two days now and it's not horrible, I've actually gotten a lot accomplished around the house including watching some movies (four to be exact) that I bought but have never watched.  Today I helped Zach shovel the driveway and I literally worked up a sweat which I consider my cardio for the day :) Of course my lower back is on fire now and I can barely bend over to pick anything up.

Here is a rundown of my life in the past 48 hours.....

 *Set up a Skype account so I could chat with my family.  There were 6 of us on there last night and for a portion of it we were just staring at each other.  This is how bored we were.

*Went through my old magazines and tore out things I like.  My work will now be blessed with some magazines on the lunch tables.  Sorry if you are reading something and all of a sudden cannot find the rest of it. It's probably on the back of a page I ripped out. Sorry!

*Watched Elizabethtown, Failure to Launch, Last Holiday and Yours Mine and Ours.  They were all really cute movies.

*Organized my scrap desk area.  I still have more to do but it involves shopping which is out of the question due to the fact that I can't leave my house.

*I've gone 2 days without makeup which is good for my skin but bad for my self imagine.  I look like a 14 year old boy. Not cute.  I thought about putting some on today just to feel a little better about myself but I really just don't want to waste my makeup and the only people that have to look at me are Zach and Phoebe and they love me no matter what :) 

*I'm almost finished with ONE of the books I was supposed to read in January.  My resolution was to read 2 books a month but that just didn't happen.  I tried, I really did.  

*I finally finished season One of Gilmore Girls.  I've had all the seasons for 2 years now.  I will probably try to watch some more before the days done.

*I started the Special K diet on Sunday and let me tell ya, being stranded in your house is not the time to restrict yourself from food.  I've done so-so with it.  I did however make a coffee cup cake.  I've been emailed this recipe a few times and I decided today that I would try it out.  It was okay.  I didn't have any icing to put on it so I used chocolate fruit dip.  It was all I had.

*I've worked on some scrapbook stuff.

*Took some pictures.

*Watched From Justin to Kelly.  It was on television last night so I had to watch it even though I just watched it last weekend.  It's one of my favorites.

*Shoveled a driveway.

*Worked from home a little bit.

*Blogged.

*Made my bed.

*Worked out.

* Read some blogs.

Tonight I plan on watching some Idol and who knows what else.

I must say, I am sitting at my computer wearing a Snuggie and it's pretty much just a robe on backwards. Why on earth didn't I invent this?  

Okay, that's it from me for now. Eleven more days and I will be boarding a ship to a much warmer place. Believe me if I wasn't excited about it before, I am now!!!!

Anti-snow lover,

April



Snowed In

Outside our back door.

Phoebe on neighborhood watch.

My little flower garden is completely covered.

Still watching.

My front porch.

My cake inside the cup.

Outside the cup.

Covered in chocolate fruit dip.

Microwave Coffee Cup Cake

What you need.....

1 large coffee mug
4 tablespoons plain flour (do not use self rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
small splash of vanilla
chocolate syrup (optional)
whipped topping (optional)
cherries (optional)

What you do.....

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well
Add egg and mix
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well
Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix well
Microwave cup on a saucer for 2 1/2 minutes
Cake will rise over the top but that's okay
Allow to cool and then dump out onto plate
Put whatever toppings you desire on it

I found this particular recipe at www.grouprecipes.com


This is a before picture of my middle room.

This is the after. 
I painted this room right before Christmas.

Before


After. 
 The walls look green in this picture but they actually look like the after picture above.
Eventually this will be the baby's room so I painted it a color that could work with a boy or a girl.  And no, I'm not pregnant. :)

My little craft area. 

My scrap desk I got for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. OMG. I looooove your scrap desk :) I need one of these in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!