All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thirty Days Until Thirty

Day 24

Twenty four. Twenty four. It was an extremely hard year. Not just for me but for my whole family. Twenty four started off great! I was given my first surprise birthday party. It was so unexpected and awesome. Thank you brother and sister. You really do love me :) A couple of weeks after that I took my first trip to Las Vegas with my sister. Now that I think about it, it seems really unsafe for 2 twenty something girls to be walking the streets of Vegas by themselves. Trust me, there were a couple of scary incidents. If anyone ever tells you that it's not a far walk from The Hard Rock to the Strip, they are lying to you. Twice, I thought we were going to meet the end of our lives.

May 26th came around and the incidents of that day and all the days after have completely reshaped our lives. I wont go into much details of the event because trust me, it's a book all on it's own. I'll never forget the call from my sister telling me to get to mom and dads. Dad left mom. I know things could have been a lot worse and I'm thankful that this is the worst thing that's happened to our family. But it's probably the worst day of my life. To see everything you've ever known just crumble around you. To see your parents at their lowest. To be strong so no one sees your in absolute pain. To help your parents make decisions when you're supposed to be the kid. To pack up a house full of your past only to shove it into storage. To love your parents unconditionally but feel like you have to love one more than the other. It's a year that I replay a lot in my mind wondering if there was anything I could have done differently to change the way things are now.

Twenty four was hard. Twenty four changed my life forever.

April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!