All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thirty Days Until Thirty

Today, let me take you back to my teenage years. They weren't bad years but they weren't the best years of my life like some people like to believe. Thank God! I'm not trying to be full of myself but I have for sure improved since "the best years of my life." :)

Eighteen, Now I can vote!

It's so funny to me to see 18 year olds acting like they are big time stuff. I was once that way I'm sure. Boy, do they have no idea what's still ahead. Shoot, I still have no idea what's still ahead. I'm sure I will look back when I'm 40 and be embarrassed of things I do now. Oh, well! According to Alanis Morissette, You Live You Learn.

Eighteen was the last of my public school years and the beginning of the rest of my life. Like I said before, I went to College and survived one year. I had a job at a daycare and it's without a doubt the worst job I've ever had. I only worked there for about 5 months and then got a job on campus at the Literacy Center. I basically made sure people signed the book when they came in and that was it. No stress!

My niece Aubrey Caroline Patty was born when I was eighteen. She pretty much changed all of our lives. We couldn't get enough of her and she brought a new kind of love to my life that I had never experienced before. She wasn't even my child but from the moment she came into the world I knew I would do anything for that girl. And I still stick to that :)


18 year old baby


Me and one of my dearest dearest friends Lindsey.


"I am 17 going on 18."

My sister got married when I was 17. It was the single biggest event of my life at that time. I looked forward to her reception for months. I wanted to dance! She was only 20 and looking back now, she was just a baby. Her marriage is still going strong and I love my brother-in-law. He's one of a kind.

Seventeen was pretty boring. I worked at a nursing home serving the residents their meals and then doing the dishes. It was probably the perfect job for me. I wasn't in the public eye and I didn't have to deal with money. I worked after school and on the weekends and it was the best thing to make my own money. After I got my job when I was 16 I don't recall ever asking my parents for money. "All the women who are independent, throw your hands up at me!"

I went to prom for the first time at 17. Okay, so I couldn't get a date so my mom had to set me up with one, but at least I didn't have to go by myself or not go at all. All my friends had dates so I had to have one. My mom worked with his dad and he agreed to go with me and I'm very thankful to him for that. We had a fun time!



Seventeen

and to think this is how I rolled up in McDonalds to see the boy I was crushing on. No wonder he didn't ask me out. ;)


Thank God I'm not a teenager any more,

April

2 comments:

  1. haha cute post! I am SO glad I am not a teenager any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love the pics. I was such an awkward teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!