All Rowelled Up

All Rowelled Up
All Rowelled Up

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thirty Days Until Thirty


Sixteen Candles

Oh, sixteen. When I was little I always thought 16 was so old and that's where life was really going to take a turn and be awesome! Eh, not so much. I didn't really care too much about getting my license. I hated driving and I had my brother and sister to take me places if I needed to go. I pretty much drove to work and around town sometimes with my friends. Okay, let me be honest, I would drive to Warehouse Market and walk around the store just so I could see the store manager because I had a huge crush on him. I was such a nerd! I think I worked up the nerve to talk to him once or twice. He was a year older than me and went to a different school so I thought I stood a chance. (Thanks Lindsey for always going with me.) Those were good times. Just rolling around in my red Ford Topaz. :)

I didn't have a sweet 16 birthday party or anything. I remember sitting on my front porch waiting on Lindsey who snuck out of her house to come see me. Now THAT's a good friend :) I started working at the nursing home and spent my free time going to the movies. A LOT! It was a big deal to go to Old Navy and then a good midnight movie in Tulsa. We thought we were big time going to the "big city" by ourselves.

Yay! I can drive now.  Funny part is that I didn't even go get my license until August.



When You're Fifteen

My mom owned a restaurant when I was fifteen. We spent a lot of time there. It was just a little diner in downtown Claremore. I kind of hated it. I spent a lot of time stirring pie filling and rolling silver wear. It had it's fun points but it was a lot of work. I can't imagine the stress my parents were under with owning a business. At fifteen I was finishing up my first year of high school and feeling like a veteran as a sophomore. Can I say again that I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore. But let me tell you, I would do it so differently now. But I would rather be a no one back then and a somebody now. Cause this is just the beginning for me. I have a feeling big things are coming my way. Bring it!!! :)

At my sister's graduation.  Was it popular to wear old lady looking skirts in 1996?
Probably not.

At our first official Halloween party.  I'm supposed to look like I'm from the 80's.
Who would've thought that 10 years later I would meet  my husband at our 2006 Halloween party.
The only Halloween with the Poochy Party Palace.
:)


I'm almost ready to wrap up my teenage years and take you to my childhood. Get ready!!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day and stopping by!